This course introduces you to the role of public relations across a range of sectors in a global media environment. You will explore notions of public opinion and examine tactics and strategies deployed by practitioners to influence the public sector. Case studies will be used to develop a critical understanding of PR practices, gaining insights into how the ethical practice of public relations contributes to the sustainability of organisations and communities and how they can better address the needs of all stakeholders.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the essence of PR as a practical discipline within the organization
- Understand how public relations theories are developed and practiced in different countries.
- Be aware of different types of stakeholders involved in private and public organizations that use public relations strategies.
- Understand, recognize, and examine the phenomenon of media transparency and its application for the public relations profession and practice in a global world.
- Identify, analyse, and discuss actual case studies and/or strategic communication and PR campaigns.
- Examine how multiculturalism and diversity impact global public relations theory and practice