The course is intended to provide students with a broad, integrative introduction to the theory and functions of Supervisory Management. It treats with the concepts, principles, approaches and practices of Supervisory Management in the context of rapid changes and globalization. As future managers, this course will prepare students for managing in an organization bound by specific rules and regulations, policies and procedures, which ensure that its primary mandate, the attainment of organizational goals, becomes a reality. The concepts in this course challenge students to become more profound thinkers, able to objectively and critically assess situations, ask tough questions, solve problems, anticipate change and proactively implement solutions to meet challenges arising from a range of situations.
Aims of The Course
The aims are:
- To explain the roles of supervisors in order to improve the overall operations of the organization.
- To assist supervisors to find new and improved ways to respond to the changing domestic and global environment in order to maintain and increase performance.
- To provide supervisors with an understanding of the analytical techniques and skills necessary to identify and implement strategies for successfully managing employees.
- To challenge supervisors to become a more profound thinker, who is able to objectively and critically analyze situations, ask tough questions, solve problems and implement strategies.
- To assist supervisors in identifying and managing the changing dynamics of the workplace, prioritize key organizational issues and develop strategies for an organization.
- To strengthen the confidence and effectiveness of supervisors by engaging them in the use of critical skills and techniques.