This course will equip participants with the basic understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) within a medical laboratory. It will identify the importance of the MLA within the organization as it relates to proper handling, transporting and collection of various samples, laboratory safety and a working knowledge of the various areas of a medical laboratory. Participants will gain practical experience through lab exercises will assist in solidifying a participant’s competencies as an MLA through a combination of theory and practicum.
o ONLINE STUDY
o NO INTEREST PAYMENT PLANS
o PAY WEEKLY OR MONTHLY
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance and perform the role of an MLA within a healthcare organization in improving healthcare services
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts used in the medical laboratory
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with other medical professionals
- Demonstrate good communication skills with patients and other medical professionals.
- Apply knowledge gained in contributing to the organization objectives and goals
- Perform the correct procedures and techniques in all areas of the laboratory.
- Identify key features of anatomy and physiology.
- Competently perform skills associated with blood collection techniques including collection protocols for other “non-blood” samples such as Urines, Stools, Sputum and Semen.
- Practice principles of laboratory safety and infection control.
- Demonstrate use and care of laboratory equipment.
- Correctly use medical terminology related to the laboratory.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound ethical decisions.