DBA-Doctor Of Business Administration
DBA-Doctor of Business Administration
The Doctor of Business Administration programme equips senior business practitioners and high-potential individuals with both knowledge as well as the applied and research skills needed to become executive-level organizational leaders, industry innovators, consultants and policy makers. Students ethically address complex and practical business challenges and learn how to transform business practices to create organizational optimization, growth and sustainability.
In academic terms, a DBA is completely equivalent to a PhD. The qualification is a full doctorate and will allow you to use the title ‘Dr’.
More general PhDs in Business and Management are available for students who wish to focus on academic research or don’t yet have the necessary professional experience for a DBA
Comparative Attributes of Masters and Doctoral Graduates
The difference in the attributes of graduates of Masters and Doctoral programmes is of a qualitative rather than quantitative nature, with Doctoral graduates demonstrating a higher level of attainment of knowledge, skills, qualities and abilities.
Compared with graduates of Masters programmes, Doctoral graduates will demonstrate a greater:
• emphasis on original contribution to knowledge.
• depth and breadth of knowledge, including ‘cutting-edge’ knowledge, and skills.
• ability to conduct independent research.
• capacity to perform larger and more complex research tasks.
• level of responsibility for design, conduct and reporting of research
- A Master’s degree qualification in any subject from a recognised institution; or
- A professional qualification equivalent to a Master degree; and
- English language proficiency in order to participate in the programme taught in English
Routes to a Doctor of Business Administration Degree
Route 1: – Mixed Mode
The DBA has a total of 120 ECTS credits and comprises of taught modules, a research methods module and a Thesis as follows:Taught Modules/Thesis ECTS Credits
1 Managing Strategy 10 Credits
2 Corporate Finance 10 Credits
3 Managing Human Resource 10 Credits
4 Marketing Management 10 Credits
5 Managing Projects 10 Credits
6 Research Methodology N/A
7 DBA Thesis 70 Credits
TOTAL 120 ECTS Credits
ECTS – European Credit Transfer System
1 ECTS = 25 study hours
For this Route 1 – Mixed Mode:
- The word count for the Thesis will be between 20,000 to 30,000 words
- There is a mandatory oral defence of the Thesis.
Route 2: Research Mode
Students can opt for a more extensive ‘Thesis only’ route accruing 120 ECTS as set out below.
|STAGE 1||Thesis Preparation||N/A||N/A|
|Thesis Proposal||25%||4,500 – 5,000|
|STAGE 2||Final Thesis||75%||40,000 – 45,000|
|STAGE 3||Oral Defence||N/A||N/A|
Stage 1 – Thesis Preparation
Student must undertake a Research Methodology module prior to commencing their thesis research or be exempted from it should students have already undertaken a similar or equivalent Research Methodology module prior to enrolling on to the programme.
Following the Research Methodology module students have up to three months to submit a Thesis Proposal for grading and approval before progressing to Stage 2. A supervisor will be assigned to a student who, under the guidance of the supervisor, shall continue to work towards completing the Final Thesis.
Stage 2 – Thesis Proposal Approval.
Research and Documentation Stage 2 commences once the Thesis Proposal has been approved and graded.
Stage 3 – Oral Defence of Thesis.
Once the supervisor has vetted the Thesis submitted by the student and does not need any further work, the student must contact the Viva Voce Examination Panel to arrange for the oral defence
- Registration Fees £100 Per Year.
- Payment plans for programme available.
Suggested payment plan:
Down Payment -£1800
➥Month 1 £500
➥Month 2 £500
➥Month 3 £500
➥Month 4 £500
➥Month 5 £500
➥Month 6 £500
➥Month 7 £500
➥Month 8 £500
➥Month 9 £550
➥Month 10 £550
➥Month 11 £600
➥Month 11 £600.
- 3 Years Part Time Study
- Programme can be completed in a shorter time
Awards to be conferred
A. Doctor of Business Administration awarded by UCAM – Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia – view certificate
B. Doctor of Business Administration awarded by VERN’ University of Applied Sciences – view sample certificate
C. Doctor of Business Administration awarded by Brittany Université – view sample certi ficate
Documents Required For An Application:
– Copy of students’ updated and current CV
– Copy of students’ Identification or passport
– Copy of students’ Certificates obtained
– Copy of students’ Academic Transcripts (where applicable)
Submit your application documents here:https://spaedu.global/forms/